Blog posts filed under “Technology”
- Is Safari Really That Fast? - Round 2
Apple went about claiming Safari 11 is the fastest browser. MacWorld found that to be true. I double checked. You're welcome.
- Baby's First Twitter Bot
I made my first ever Twitter bot. Here's a short blurb about it.
- Maybe We Should Just Stop Hacking
Why thinking about our work as developers as "hacking" is a bad idea.
- Some Browser Benchmarks, 2015
- Everything Wrong With My Department's New Website
The IST department at RIT recently completely overhauled their website and I am exceptionally disappointed in what they've produced. (Updated following a response from the department.)
- Public Logging with Alfred and Littlelogs
I made a simple Alfred workflow for logging stuff to Littlelogs.co and wanted to share!
- Is Safari Really That Fast? The Results
The results are in! I've benchmarked the browsers... Here's what I've found.
- Is Safari Really That Fast?
Apple wants us to think Safari is 6 times faster than the other browsers. I'd like to test that theory.
- You Should Learn to Code for One Reason
I weigh in on the, "you should learn to code" debate.
- Above the Fold: Does It Still Matter?
A long-standing rule of web design is that a substantial amount of content be "above the fold". But does that really matter as much as it used to? It really depends.