January 2018 Review
About 2 min reading time
This post was migrated from my previous blog managed by an old CMS. Some parts may be broken or poorly formatted, images may be missing, etc. Feel free to report an issue.
I had a busy start to the year, apartment hunting, then preparing to move. Not much else to say about January, I’m afraid.
Slight drop in average productive time per day in January, but overall my productivity pulse was steady, so this appears to be coupled with just spending a little less time on my computer overall. I’ve also decided to stop noting average tasks completed per day because I’m too inconsistent in adding and completing tasks in Todoist for this to be very useful.
- Productivity pulse of 73 (+0)
- Met All Productive Time goal 14/22 days
- Average 5h 12m (-11m) productive time per day
RescueTime Top 5 Categories:
- Software Development (33%)
- Communication & Scheduling (24%)
- Business (10%)
- Social Networking (8%)
- Reference & Learning (7%)
Tuesdays have become a bit more productive than other days as of late.
- I’m more productive on Wednesdays (15%) and Tuesdays (20%)
- I consume more fat when I’m less productive (18%)
- I receive more emails on Mondays (36%)
- Average of 6,854 steps / day (+6.7%)
- Average of 2,024 calories / day (-0.5%)
- Average of 6h 18minutes of sleep / night (-8.5%)
- Average weight of 142.6lbs (+0.3%)
- Average body fat percentage of 12.3% (+0%)
- I spent 99.8% of my income
- I spend more time asleep when I go to bed earlier (32%)
- I eat more on Fridays (17%)
- I have more great days when I spend more time sleep (20%)
- I have more bad days when I eat more (11%)
Find an apartment
The main thing happening in January was Tia and I finding an apartment, and find one we did! It all happened pretty fast, and we spent the second half of the month just preparing to move.
That was pretty much all I had to focus on in January. I didn’t set any other goals or habits because, well, I was too focused on that for anything else.
As I’m writing this review later than usual, I can say we’ve already moved (which is why it’s late), but this is the big thing for February. Fun fact - counting moving in and out of college housing, I have moved at least once every year since 2010.
- Have fun in San Francisco
Going on vacation with Tia and her cousins to San Francisco, and I’d like to just go have some fun after all the stress of moving
- Learn CSS Grid
While this is not entirely in the style of goals I said I’d set in my annual review, I’m setting it for this month anyway. For one, I want to use it on a project at work so I think it’ll be easy to make some time to learn it, and two I want to use it on my personal site redesign, so I can knock that lingering goal off as well.
- Set better goals for March
With moving done and out of the way, I want to spend a little time thinking about more habit-like goals to start working on in March since things are going to settle down a little.