February 2020 Review
About 2 min reading time
This post was migrated from my previous blog managed by an old CMS. Some parts may be broken or poorly formatted, images may be missing, etc. Feel free to report an issue.
- After resuming dating again around Christmas time and things going really well for a couple months, Chelsea and I decided to give our relationship another shot so once again, I have a girlfriend.
- I no longer own a car! Turned in my lease early because I simply did not use my car enough to justify the expense of owning it. It’s a massive relief.
- Got my annual raise at work, and increased my 401k contribution (now matched by the company!) from 2% to 4%.
- Went to a NY Islanders game. Got a great deal on some tickets to watch some hockey!
- Saw The Lion King on Broadway. One of Chelsea’s friends got us free tickets, and the only thing better than an amazing Broadway show, is a free Broadway show! It was absolutely incredible.
- Ran a 4-mile race, finishing in 39 minutes, 11 seconds. My first of 5 races I hope to do in 2020, so I'm pretty happy with this one!
- Went on a double date to the Bronx Zoo! It was a surprisingly comfortable February day. Chelsea and I went to the zoo with some friends of hers.
- Threw a housewarming party at my new apartment. I was joined by 14 of my friends and coworkers which was a whole lotta fun.
- Productivity pulse of 77 (+0)
- Met All Productive Time goal 6/19 days
- Average 5h 00m (-23m) productive time per day
RescueTime Top 5 Categories:
- Software Development (34%)
- Communication & Scheduling (30%)
- Business (12%)
- Utilities (7%)
- Social Networking (4%)
I experimented with changing checking accounts this month, which really threw off Mint’s tracking so I’m not able to quickly calculate what percentage of my income I spent this month.
- Average of 8,717 steps / day (-3.4%)
- Average of 2,394 calories / day (-2.5%)
- Average of 7 hours 31 minutes of sleep / night (+.6%)
- Average weight of 136.2 lbs (+1.9%)
- Average body fat percentage of 8.9% (+0%)
- Average of 235mg of caffeine / day (-14.9%)
Published too late to check.
- Europe Trip
I decided to narrow the trip to 2 countries rather than 3 to simply the planning. Trying to figure out the logistics of 3 countries was a little too overwhelming.
- Healthy Habits
Yoga classes: 0
Average daily fiber: 18.8g / 24g (+14.6%)
Work got a little too hectic through February for me to feel comfortable going to yoga classes in the middle of the day, so that unfortunately fell off. I did manage to get 3 runs in, which isn’t quite as many as I’d hoped to do, but I feel pretty good about them. Still a good way off from my daily fiber goal, but a decent improvement over January!
- Read 20 Books
No progress, unfortunately.
- Non-work code projects